Who can join?
Any person who owns a dry-cleaning plant or agency or allied trade member dealing with the dry-cleaning industry.
Why should one join?
Member Benefits in a nutshell
- We are a business and social network of Cleaners in Southern California area
- We keep you up to date on environment regulations and worker compensation laws
- Members are part of our mailing list
- We sponsor training seminars for you and your employees
- We organize informational meetings with speakers on the topics which you recommend and is beneficial to the members
- We provide an open forum to discuss industry problems and explore possible solutions
- We also believe in strength in numbers. Together we form a lobbying arm for government regulations.
- And more
Below is an example of a recent development in the industry
Many Cleaners have been drastically disenfranchised by the Southern California Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) which has jurisdiction over Los Angeles County, Orange County, San Bernardino and Riverside. They recently banned the use of certain cleaning solvents. Because of their rulings, Dry Cleaners have been forced to purchase new machines costing $50,000 or more in order to comply with the new regulations. A lot of cleaners have closed down because of this ruling. Although we support the efforts to clean the environment, we need to allow our constituents to adjust to the rulings gradually and realistically.
Dues are $145 per year for Dry Cleaners or $195 for Allied Trades.
What geographic area does this cover?
All of Southern California.
How often, when, what time do you meet?
Meetings are held bi-monthly. Most are held in the evening. Most workshops are held on Sundays.